10 December 2008

Looking forward to the end of the year

My lengthy Asian sojourn is nearing its end. Before I know it, I'll be back in California, where some ass-kicking will have to take place, starting with the retirement of my BMW.

When I get the Hyundai Genesis as the replacement car, I'll need to spend some time to break it in. My original plan was an overnight trip to Las Vegas. However, after doing my fair share of gambling here in South Korea (and doing pretty poorly while at it), I decided to scratch that. Most likely, I'll try to go to San Francisco right after Christmas.

This should give me an excuse to write out a new interview, replacing my initial plans for visiting Kirsten in Hollywood. I'll probably change the date slightly to Christmas Eve or something, and drive to Sarah's parents' place. There, I'll find Kirsten's new red Audi A4, with some lesbian pride bumper stickers and the vanity plate reading "SAPPHIC" - I'll immediately know that it's hers. I'll find out that the car is only a month old, but the plate is already on it, having been transferred from Kirsten's own retired BMW. Initially, it'll be just Kirsten and me - but Sarah will arrive a bit later, returning from another flight assignment. I haven't figured out if I want to have Sarah's parents join us, however. I might have an interesting talk with Sarah's mother, as she shares her memories of raising Sarah, as well as some trivia about Grandpa Warren.

This should be an interesting scene, and a way for me to get to know all my key characters. But I must finish my Sarah interview from Hong Kong first.

No comments: