17 March 2007

Computer crash

For the second time in less than a year, my newish HP laptop decided to go south, with all my data, including my novel.

Fortunately, I have a backup with most of my novel stuff, but the newest changes, such as the new outline, are gone, along with photos from Vancouver (last September) and the Bay Area (last year-end).

Just as I wanted to resume writing, I have been forced to move to an obsolete Dell. I don't think I will resume my work until I buy a replacement computer, which will be a Mac by the way.

A Mac, as opposed to a PC, will also let me make a statement that I refuse to belong to the Republican/conservative world of construction, suburban Southern California, the ethnic communities, and paternalistic religions, instead being more in touch with feminism, progressive politics, Unitarianism, and all the other goodies that make up my novel and the writing community.

No comments: