12 December 2006

Wrapping Up the Class

I just turned in my last assignment for this fall's Novel III class, which was to write an ending for Perfect Girl.

My ending involves Sarah and Kirsten's wedding. And it was painfully evident that my conservative social settings in Reagan Country are NOT helping a bit. Having attended neither gay weddings nor non-Christian weddings, I had very limited knowledge to work with.

And this reminds me why I need to move away to a more tolerant place, a place where I can make the social observations that I need in order to write my novel.

The new year will see me move closer to urban life. In the meantime, I have confirmed my trip to the Bay Area, which hopefully will bring me in contact with lesbian and transgender support groups who could give me valuable knowledge and material.

No comments: