14 December 2006

Putting Everything Together

Well, not quite everything yet.

But the real final assignment for my UCLA Extension Novel III class, which has just ended, was to gather all the scenes I've written for the class, and arrange them in the order they will appear in the final work.

I did not think much of this, but it really is helping me visualize what the complete novel will look like, where I need work now, and which sections can be chopped off.

I want to thank Jessica Inclan, my instructor, for making this part of my class, and for the great class in general. Although I was too busy with work to truly enjoy the class to the fullest, I've had a much better experience nevertheless compared to last time.

Now, I look forward to getting myself some extra inspirations (and maybe writing a scene or two) in the Bay Area as I wrap up the year.

No comments: