27 June 2009

Another note

As I walked around San Francisco today, I came across a nice reminder of Sarah.

At Powell subway station, I saw a blonde lady in a navy blue coatdress giving directions to a passerby trying to buy a BART ticket. But before I could snap a photo, the lady walked away, a travel bag in tow, entering the BART system. Her coatdress, with the wing pin and white trim, was clearly a United flight attendant uniform.

It was so nice to see one of Sarah's coworkers, presumably reporting for duty, and helping out other people while at it. Not only that, but this is San Francisco, Sarah's home domicile as well as the primary gateway for United's Pacific services.

Again, I really believe in the power of air travel to make connections between faraway peoples and cultures. Sarah, and her colleagues at United and other fine airlines, have my thanks for making it all happen.

No comments: