23 April 2009

Even more travels...

Looks like I won't have to wait for Memorial Day to give Sarah some hell. I will be flying on one of her airplanes even sooner, for a week in the Washington, DC area mid-May.

In fact, the outbound flight will be a rare domestic service using a 3-class Boeing 777, a normally international model, which is Sarah's favorite model to work in (and my favorite model to fly in). It is the domestic portion of the flight that ends up, unfortunately, in my (and Sarah's) least favorite city - Amsterdam.

Once in DC, I'll have three full days of work, but I'll have enough downtime for myself. Getting around the area should be cheap, given that I managed to find and book a Toyota Prius for next to nothing. And I'll be visiting the Unitarian Universalist Church of Arlington Virginia (uucava.org), where there is a lovely lesbian transwoman who runs the church's Rainbow Ministry. She had first contacted me via Facebook when I was in the midst of my Korean sojourn, and it'll be a very interesting experience to meet with her in person, 6 months and 7,000 miles later.

Looking forward to this experience AND Toronto. And maybe time to actually scribble something about Sarah and Kirsten - in the DC political setting while at that.

No comments: