30 March 2008

What Becomes You

Image courtesy of publisher, University of Nebraska Press

I've known of this book for months, but haven't even mentioned it here... until now.

Transman Aaron Raz Link wrote a memoir called What Becomes You, which has gotten rave reviews. I first heard of this book because I know Aaron through his cousin, Karen Bradley, whom I befriended and met through her political online organization, Democracy Cell Project.

Now that I am looking at several weeks of privacy come May, and that I am re-casting Sarah's story into a focused fictional memoir, I need to get some inspirations from a real-life transgender memoir. Another significance here: Sarah was Aaron's girl name as well!

I've wishlisted the book and will be ordering it in May.

What Becomes You (official blog)
Book Information at Powell's Bookstore

No comments: