22 March 2008

One of Sarah's coworkers in a movie

I just watched The Terminal, starring Tom Hanks as a traveler from Eastern Europe (a citizen of Krakozhia, a fictional country) who gets stranded at New York's Kennedy Airport when a coup renders his passport worthless. While stranded, he befriends several people - one of them is a United Airlines flight attendant named Amelia Warren, played by Catherine Zeta-Jones.

The more I think about the movie, the less I like Amelia, a very calculating and temperamental woman. I don't look forward to flying on a flight with her, and certainly don't look forward to having Sarah work the same flight as someone like her - though it will have to happen someday. In fact, I am not even sure how Amelia passed the flight attendant training!

When Sarah interviews for the flight attendant position, she will have to answer questions on how to deal with uncooperative coworkers - and I'll certainly be thinking of Amelia when I write the answer down for Sarah.

The movie itself was full of inaccuracies and inconsistencies (i.e. no transit lounges at US airports, and United's terminal at JFK is nowhere near that big/nice), not to mention product placements (Burger King, Borders, and of course United). I didn't like the movie at all.

The Terminal at IMDB

No comments: