03 September 2007

New Class

As I pondered my options for my writing future, I got a friendly comment from my mentor Gayle Brandeis. She said she'd be more than happy to have me back in her new class - or to have me join a class run by a friend of hers.

Since Gayle is teaching Novel I at UCLA Extension, I didn't think it was a good idea, as I feel that I need more time at the Novel II or III level. But I took a look at her friend Masha Hamilton's website and information, and decided that this may be the ticket.

This morning, Masha informed me that I have been enrolled in her Level I independent class. I've checked the Yahoo! group for the class, and found six classmates. I've also received the first weekly assignment, which should get me going nicely - I will need to rewrite the intro to Perfect Girl. (I'm thinking I'll drop a formal intro altogether, and start right away with Sanford's 1982 picnic scene in London.)

It should be a very wonderful ten weeks, hopefully cranking out more usable material for the completed novel. At that point, I'll be happy to check into Level II of Masha's class.

Masha Hamilton

No comments: