19 July 2010

New layout - and new trans links

With Blogger's new layout templates, including the ability to have ten permanent static pages in addition to the blog itself, I have been giving this blog a makeover.

And with the newer friends in the trans community I have made, it is imperative that I provide a link to them and to follow their own endeavors.

I have added a link to Chaz Bono, the son of Cher and the late Sonny Bono. His initial coming out actually had me bummed, as I had loved his former identity Chastity as a lesbian pride icon, but I am starting to really appreciate the work he is putting into the trans community.

Tara Avery is a talented comic artist, who will be presenting at the San Diego ComiCon this weekend. She has been a good friend of mine for over a year now, and I am proud to have been her matchmaker - after I introduced her to my church friend Stephanie Ballard, the two are now in a relationship. Although her blog is badly outdated, her comic samples are current.

Finally, I need to give a shout-out to a fellow trans novelist, Margaret Bengtson. She initially had wanted to write a memoir of her experiences, but seeing that there are plenty of trans memoirs out there already, she decided to change some details and turn the story into fiction, entitled Dorothy's Boy. This is the same idea that drove me to settle into writing Sarah's memoir rather than my own. I have yet to read her works, but will have to do so before long - and look forward to it.

No comments: