16 November 2007

Odds and Ends

First: the writing class is over. It died down toward the last week or two, when I was getting my second excerpt critiqued. But I am happy with what I was able to get out of that class. I will save all the feedback, and look forward to returning at a later date - hopefully when I have more privacy to work on my novel. Masha Hamilton is a great instructor, and I'll be more than happy to take classes with her again; I will also look into buying some of her work.

Second: I decided to stay home for Thanksgiving. The closest I'll get to the Bay Area will be about halfway, Hearst Castle. As for the Bay Area itself, I am still shooting for a Christmas visit - in fact, I will book my hotel right now.

And speaking of Christmas in the Bay Area, I have already come up with an itinerary that will serve my novel needs (novel sights), my personal rejuvenation needs (my past hangouts and the Unitarian Church), my sightseeing needs (Redwood National Park near Eureka), and more. Hoping it won't be too rainy.

No comments: