20 February 2006

Gather the Women 2006

Last October, I attended a women's spirituality retreat, Gather the Women, in Beaumont, California, which took up an entire Sunday. It was a small gathering, but I was able to hook up with a number of wonderful people and enjoy the atmosphere. Most importantly, it validated my own experience and existence as a woman.

This year, it will take place again, but this time in March, to coincide with the International Women's Day, which is March 8. The event I will be attending will take place on Saturday the 4th at Cal State University, San Bernardino, and will be attended by the same women who organized the Beaumont event (and hopefully many more). Jodie Evans, co-founder of Code Pink, will be the keynote speaker.

I hope to have a wonderful time there, to be validated in my womanhood once again, and to come away with some inspirations that will make their way into Perfect Girl (in fact, my mentor Gayle Brandeis will again present a writing workshop). I am already registered, and I just need a good excuse to get away from home (and change into something appropriate).

Gather the Women 2006 (San Bernardino, California)

No comments: